background from doodle pantry

Like button

WELCOME!

I want to thank you for stopping in. I love visitors and your comments are always welcome! Become a follower; my plans are, in the near future, to begin having contests; so don't miss out....check in often! Blessings to every one of you!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sorry for the absence...


Born:  September 18, 2002
Heaven bound:  September 17, 2010


It is Sunday, 9/19, and it has been a while since I have posted.  Besides personal medical issues, I have had a very sick little dog.  This is my Missy girl.  She was born 9/18/2002 and headed off heaven bound 9/17/2010; just one day shy of her 8th birthday.  People ask me why I'm so upset about a dog...they say it is JUST a dog.  Well, she was my four-legged child.  I have three others, one is her daughter.  Kyla keeps looking for her mom and won't leave my side and I can't quit crying.  A friend of my daughter sent me the following poem so, Missy, this is for you!!  You took part of my heart with you, baby.

Until We Meet Again
by Raven

I see you moving slowly and your face it shows the years, but you are so very beautiful, in my eyes despite my tears.
And if my love could only hold you, forever by my side, I would never let you go, it hurts so much to say goodbye.

So today I love you best, more than words could ever say;
and in my arms I will release you, to be whole, to run, to play...

And someday when I move slowly, and my face it shows the years, I will turn to see my angel and there you'll be to ease my fears.

I'll stroke your head, you'll lick my face, we're overjoyed because we know,
our eternity has started and together we will go...

Love never ends, love never dies, it only waits...

Until we meet again....



Love, 
Mom


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful tribute to Missy! I am all chocked up! That poem is so perfect! I just went to give a big hug to Joy and let her know that I love her as I know that one day I will no longer be able to do that! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.. beautiful tribute... My fur babies are not just dogs or a cat. They are my babies and part of the family. My heart goes out to you on the loss of your baby. :( She was a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me comments and thanks for stopping by!